Marshall Grimsby is committed to providing products and service of the highest standard, but we do understand that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a concern or are dissatisfied in any way, we’ll do our best to help resolve the situation in a fair and transparent way.
Marshall Grimsby will investigate all complaints competently, diligently and impartially obtaining additional information as necessary. Every complaint will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair outcome for you.
Step 1 - Discussion with our MINI Centre.
If you have a concern with either your vehicle or the service you have received at our MINI Centre, please firstly raise this with the Sales or Service Manager by either visiting the Centre, calling 01472 276666 or emailing MINIenquiries@marshallweb.co.uk.
What you will need to provide.
To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- Your name and address;
- Details of how we can contact you;
- A clear description of your complaint;
- Details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation; and
- If appropriate, copies of any relevant supporting documentation.
Our commitment to you.
- We’ll thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer a fair response that will take into account all the information available to us.
- We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly, by the end of the next business day if possible. If this is not possible, and your complaint relates to our credit broking, we will:
- Within 5 working days, provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them.
- Keep you updated on the progress of your complaint, and
- Within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will either: write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing this response, or explain why we are not in a position to give you a final response and let you know when we expect to be able to provide it.
- We may not always provide the answer you are looking for, but we’ll make sure we offer a clear explanation for our decision.
Step 2 - Contacting MINI UK.
Should you remain unhappy with our response, please contact MINI UK by your preferred method from the list below.
Customer Service MINI (UK) Limited
Telephone: 0370 5050 160
Step 3 - What if I remain unhappy with MINI’s response?
If you are dissatisfied with either our final response, or the reasons for any delay in providing our final response you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review.
To be able to ask them for an independent review your complaint must be in relation to our credit broking activities that is to say any marketing material or recommendations we make in relation to any finance offers from MINI Financial Services (GB) Limited and you must have given us the opportunity to find a resolution first. You must also be a private individual, or a business, charity or trust with an annual turnover of less than 2 million euros and fewer than 10 employees.
If you wish to pursue your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date on which we send you our final response letter. The Financial Ombudsman’s details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123
You may also raise a complaint with any of the trade bodies listed below.
Motor Codes is a government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. Marshall Grimsby subscribes to the New Car Code, which covers the sale of new cars, warranties, the availability of replacement parts, and advertising and complaint handling. In addition, we subscribe to the Service and Repair Code which commits us to open, transparent and fair methods of business aiming to maintain consistently high standards.
Telephone: 0207 3441 651
MINI is a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (the BVRLA). If you are not happy with our final response and would like to refer your complaint to the BVRLA’s conciliation scheme, you may email them at:
or write to them at:
The European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Service
European legislation guarantees consumers:
- Fair treatment;
- Products which meet acceptable standards;
- A right of redress if something goes wrong.
To help ensure that companies meet the standards set by the European Parliament, consumers now have the right to address their complaint to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Service. For full details please go to: